Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Draw Me Nearer Lord

In the darkness, in the night,

Only One can bring forth light.

In the lonely broken places, places no one else can see,

Awaits my loving, gracious Father longing to meet with me.

He holds me close and though I’m weak and fear I cannot stand,

He draws me nearer, ever nearer and lovingly holds my hand.

There is something He has shown me—that though I feel alone,

He will never fail to meet me as I kneel before His throne.

There are questions needing answers; there are many things which I fear,

Yet there is peace within the storm as He relentlessly draws me near.

How can it be that the One who sees me, He who knows me like none other,

Refuses to leave me to myself, staying closer than a brother?

He is my God, whom I am learning to trust, though storms gust and gale winds blow,

Lessons learned midst crashing waves must be faced for one to grow.

And yet He draws me nearer, ever nearer, He never leaves nor turns away,

Ever so gently He does direct me through fog when days are grey.

Strongholds must be stripped away, and though the pain is great,

He continues to draw me nearer as I kneel before Him, trust and wait.

I know that He will keep me, though storm clouds temper my mind,

So I pour out my heart to the One who draws me near, as I ask, and seek and find.

In the middle of my weakness, in the broken shattered place,

He lifts my face toward heaven, ever filling me with His radiance and grace.

So, though my heart cannot understand and though my mind cannot perceive,

As He draws me nearer, ever nearer, I will stay here in His presence and humbly
receive.

For there is nothing else that matters, when in His presence I do stay,

I will ever love and seek Him; so draw me nearer, Lord, I pray.


Stay the Course...

Sheila Cote

No comments:

Post a Comment